This unique and historic event brought together global leaders in human rights and public health to discuss ways to advance worldwide efforts to combat the tobacco epidemic. Key speakers included the President of Romania, the European Commissioner on Health and Food Safety, and Princess Dina Mired of Jordan. Read our press release and key quotes from speakers here.
- Public health activists say eradicating tobacco must be a human right
- Do industries that kill more people than they employ have a right to exist?
- ASH donor on why he supports our work. Reply to this email to share your story!
- Opinion: Tobacco companies will not bring about sustainable development
- Update: Dutch Criminal Case Against Tobacco Industry
- ASH launched our Tobacco and Human Rights Hub of advocate resources.
The start of 2019 has been extremely productive for ASH. We made major strides with our Global Forum in Romania, pushing to have the marketing and sale of cigarettes recognized globally as a human rights violation. We’ve worked with allies in the U.S. to strengthen our campaign to phase out the sale of cigarettes in local communities. And we’ve continued serving as a crucial resource worldwide in the fight to hold tobacco companies and their executives criminally liable for the harm they cause.
Tobacco products kill one person every 4.5 seconds. That’s 11 people a minute who need you to speak up and take action for their lives.
No one’s mother, father, sister, uncle, or friend deserves to live with a tobacco-related illness or die from their smoking addiction. Please consider making a donation today to help us end the tobacco epidemic. Together, we can build a healthier future for all of our children.
And while you are shopping on Amazon, don’t forget to start each visit to their website through Smile.Amazon.com and to select ASH as your beneficiary charity. Amazon Smile will donate a portion of your order to ASH every time, with no extra cost to you!