Young adults make up the largest group of smokers in the US. They are rarely affected by advertisements about death and lung cancer, so we worked with some colleagues to attempt to reach them in a different way. We wanted to find out if smoking was found attractive among this age group. To do so, we conducted a social experiment on the dating app Tinder to find out who would get more right swipes (i.e. potential dates), a girl who is portrayed smoking or the same girl who is shown not smoking.
- What is ASH’s position on outdoor smoking, such as parks and beaches?
- US Study Finds Smoking May Worsen a Hangover
- Russia Smoking Ban Bars Tobacco Ads And Public Smoking
- The Great American Smokeout: 7 Things To Do Instead of Smoking Read more: It’s the Great American Smokeout: 7 things to do instead of smoking
- Five Smart-Phone Apps That Promote Smoking