The U.S. cigarette market was worth a total of $66 billion in 2013, and tobacco is still one of the most profitable industries in the world, despite the fact that smoking rates in the U.S. are declining.
2014 was a busy year for ASH in our fight, and it is your generosity that has helped us to accomplish so much.
- Blocking tobacco industry attempts to derail the negotiations of the Tobacco Treaty (FCTC),
- Including tobacco control in the United Nations draft Sustainable Development Goals,
- Educating the public health community on the implementation of effective tobacco policy,
- Working for unique treatment of tobacco under 2 massive free trade agreements, and
- Conducting investigations into liability options domestically and abroad
Please, stand with us for health.