There is no safe level of exposure to tobacco smoke, and there is no legal right to smoke. ASH supports smoking bans wherever innocent bystanders will be impacted by secondhand smoke. In addition to the danger of inhaling smoke, cigarette butts are the leading single cause of litter in parks and beaches. Cigarette butts are filled with toxins that find there way into water supplies and ecosystems, and because they are made of plastic, are not biodegradable.
- Where can I find more information on smoking bans in my local area?
- I need help to quit smoking. What resources are available to me?
- Big Tobacco Wants TPP Trade Deal To Block NZ’s Smoking Laws
- I see fewer and fewer people smoking, yet tobacco companies are more profitable than ever? How is that possible?
- Plain Package Cigarettes Reduce Smoking Appeal: Study