ASH works hard to inform and educate policy makers and the public about tobacco prevention and the tobacco industry. A number of informative policy papers and reports produced by ASH and the Framework Convention Alliance are below.
ASH Policy Papers (PDFs) listed below.
- Tobacco: Not an Ordinary Product
- Call for a tobacco carve-out from the TPPA
- Safeguards for Tobacco Control: Options for the TPPA
- USTR’s Proposal for Coverage of Tobacco under the Trans-Pacific Partnership Would Violate Executive Order 13193
Tobacco and the TPPA chapter analyses:
- Regulatory Coherence
- Services impact example: Australia
- Services impact example: Singapore
Framework Convention Alliance documents:
Price and Tax
Packaging & Labeling