New Jersey reached a deal to obtain almost $92 million for its general fund by pledging the remainder of its revenue from the national tobacco settlement to investors. The bolstered payment pledge made trading prices on bonds linked to the agreement more than triple from March 3.
- 6 States to Lose out on $500 million from tobacco settlement?
- Tobacco Buying Age to Increase in New Jersey
- Rising Tobacco Epidemic in Asia Linked to Elevated Risk of Death
- Govt remains steadfast on tobacco
- Surgeon General report says 5.6 million U.S. children will die prematurely unless current smoking rates drop