Sen. Dick Durbin wants a cigarette tax hike to help pay for basic medical research. The Illinois Democrat made his case Monday in Springfield, before a group of doctors and scientists at the Southern Illinois University School of Medicine.
- New Jersey Senate passes bill to raise age to buy tobacco products to 21
- Bloomberg Wants to Raise Age Limit for Buying Cigarettes
- NY to Raise Tobacco Buying Age to 21
- Public Health, Medical Groups Urge U.S. to Support Malaysia’s Historic TPP/Tobacco Carve-Out Proposal
- How Obama’s tobacco tax would drive down smoking rates